COUNCIL OF INTERNATIONAL SCHOOLS (CIS)
CIS - Council of International Schools
FMV Işık Schools are a member of CIS – Council of International Schools. The Ayazağa Campus has been a member of CIS since its accreditation in 2009, the Erenköy Campus since 2012 and the Nişantaşı Campus since 2018.
CIS - Council of International Schools, which was formed in 1949, is a membership community committed to high quality international education.
What is “Accreditation”?
Accreditation means official approval in order to maintain satisfactory standards. CIS accreditation means that our schools have achieved high standards of professional performance in international education and have a commitment to continuous improvement. The quality and rigor of CIS International Accreditation is recognized by ministries, departments of education, and universities around the world as demonstration of a school’s commitment to high quality international education and as a mark of quality assurance.
What is the purpose of the Accreditation?
Our goal is to provide our students with the knowledge and skills necessary to lead their lives as global citizens and achieve high-quality international education standards. As CIS accredited schools, we follow the CIS code of ethics by:
What are the Benefits of Accreditation for the Institution and its Students?
• Accreditation of a school gives an extremely positive message about the school to people, educational institutions and universities in the country and abroad;
• All aspects of the school are adapted to high standards;
• The accreditation process strengthens cohesion and communication between the various departments of the school;
• This objective evaluation done by an institution outside the school generates many useful and constructive suggestions;
• The accreditation process provides the school with the opportunity to communicate with other schools around the world;
• The school can prepare future plans as a result of the reports submitted by CIS to the school after the self-evaluation process and CIS verification visits, which are part of the accreditation process;
• The self-evaluation report, which is meticulously prepared in accordance with the accreditation process, makes a very important contribution to the development of the school;
• Information on all aspects of the school is digitally recorded;
• Members of the school community become aware of their shortcomings and weaknesses and make a constant effort to correct them;
• Everyone in the institution questions and evaluates themselves and the institution.
For more information visit: https://www.cois.org/about-cis